THE ISLAND EXPLORER
- Duration: 270 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Product code: SEC-TIE-SYD-18
Board the MV Supercat for a 4.5 hour exploration which includes
sights such as Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, Luna Park and of
course the Majestic Cockatoo Island. Experience the eerie chills of discovery
as we head over to Cockatoo Island to learn about the chequered past of the
Penal Colony Prison system and living conditions on the island. Indulge in a
magnificent island lunch at the Marina Café & Bar with delights such as
beer battered fish and chips with homemade tartare sauce.
Since 1839, Cockatoo Island has had a colourful history of
From Convict Penal Colony and Sandstone Quarry, to Reform
Schools and Ship Building, this island has seen it all. There are many tales to
be told of the hardships endured during each phase of the island’s history.
Cruising from King St Wharf in Darling Harbour, enjoy a glass of
wine or a locally brewed beer whilst embarking on a journey of exploration as
we enter Cockatoo Island where all the excitement begins.
Once at the island you can take a self-guided 90 minute exploration
tour of Cockatoo Island. Visit the
Marina Café & Bar and choose a delicious and freshly prepared lunch. Relax
with a scenic return cruise to the mainland where you will disembark at King Street
Wharf Darling Harbour, arriving back at 4:00pm (approx.)
Lunch choices are:
· Beer battered fish & chips w homemade tartare sauce,
· Panko crumbed chicken breast and chips w homemade tomato relish
· Lemon and herb chargrilled chicken wrap with a rocket and feta
· Wagyu burger, w smoked bacon, cheese, rocket and a homemade
chutney, served with fries
· Pizza – Margarita with Bocconcini and basil pesto.